Western Australia’s premier tech and innovation event will return to Perth this year from Sunday 4 December to Friday 9 December.
Last year’s festival was one of its biggest yet, hosting more than 3,000 delegates across 13 events, and 2022 is set to be even bigger thanks to the sponsorship of the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation (JTSI) New Industries Fund of $500,000 over two years.
As well as the return of our West Tech Fest Conference, West Tech Women, and Freo Startup Fest, #WestTech2022 is pleased to announce a suite of new events and programs including:
- An Innovation Showcase inviting the public to discover the diverse technology, entrepreneurs, and scalable businesses being developed in Western Australia.
- A Sunday Sundowner Opening Night event, poolside at Joondalup Resort.
- The 2022 WA Innovator of the Year Awards Ceremony taking place at the festival for the first time (free event – invite only), celebrating outstanding Western Australian companies that have developed an innovative product, technology or service.
- A Cybotics AI Conference showcasing the best innovations Western Australia has to offer in cyber security, robotics, data science and artificial intelligence, delivered in partnership with the City of Joondalup.
- A Young Entrepreneurship Showcase powered by Student Edge, providing an opportunity for young, aspiring entrepreneurs to promote and showcase their startups to the business community, investors, and general public.
- A revised format of Rotto Tech Fest, allowing for greater access whilst maintaining the intimate nature of the event, taking place at the conclusion of the festival on Friday 9 December.
Tickets and passes will go on sale later this year. Announcements about special guests, speakers, and VIPs will be made shortly.
SHOWCASE YOUR COMPANY AT WEST TECH FEST
Do you want to be featured during WTF?
WTF organisers are now accepting Expressions of Interest from prospective speakers, session sponsors, event partners, and festival sponsors.
This is your opportunity to influence the content of the festival as well as the chance to get your name or brand in front of Australia’s tech elite.
Head to our website now to register your interest…. —> SUBMIT NOW!
WEST TECH PRESENTS
West Tech Fest is pleased to announce the launch of our new digital platform West Tech Presents powered by Ammo Marketing.
Showcasing the best of the West Australian startup ecosystem whilst providing relevant resources to help the sector grow, West Tech Presents will host original content produced under the West Tech banner whilst providing local content creators working in the entrepreneur and innovation sector the opportunity to have their content showcased to a broader audience.
Ammo Marketing are major supporters of the local startup scene, having assisted over 250 startups understand how to leverage growth marketing to achieve their business outcomes. The team, headed up by Cam Sinclair and Jack Hallam, also have a track record for driving effective content strategies, most notably defined by their successful podcast Weird Growth.
More details to come soon.
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR WESTERN AUSTRALIA
It was with a literal breath of fresh air last Friday that we welcomed the latest round of COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted by the WA government, giving our interstate and international friends even more reason to make the trip over to WA for West Tech Fest.
From 12:01am Friday 29 April, wearing masks indoors; event capacity and gathering limits; quarantine requirements for asymptomatic close contacts; and the G2G pass requirement to enter WA, along with the three-dose vaccination requirement for domestic arrivals, have all been scrapped. For the latest WA Health Advice, visit the COVID-19 website.
We look forward to welcoming all our interstate and international WTF family back to Perth for our events this year.
Can’t wait till December? Check out all the best highlights of our 2021 Festival in the video above, proudly produced by our 2021 Video Partner Terrace Loft.
Keep an eye out on all WTF updates on their website.
Curtin University is the main organisation behind WTF, and a sponsor of Startup News.