// From all of us here at Startup News, thanks for your support this year. In 2019, we published 233 articles, 20 podcast episodes, doubled our subscriber base, reached record traffic and promoted WA’s exciting startup scene all year long. Go #WA #Startups!
No doubt for the rest of you – as with us – it’s been a busy year.
Our report card for 2019 reads thus…
- we published 233 articles;
- signed up 9 Curtin Uni journo & media students to do the writing;
- more than doubled our subscriber base (to over 2,000);
- published 20 podcast episodes – including 2 live shows;
- reached record traffic;
- attracted 36K unique visitors to the site (+13% on 2018);
- signed up five full sponsors (= our maximum) – thank you JTSI for coming on board with Wrays, BDO, Curtin Uni and Spacecubed;
- sponsored the Freo Startup Fest, the main West Tech Fest event and various hackathons, a blues band (!) and other events;
- sponsored and contributed to the Startup WA Report;
- sponsored the publication and hosting of the interactive HUBS (ecosystem) and CO-WORKING databases;
… and we promoted, supported and celebrated the great things happening out there in WA startupland.
Go #WA #Startups!
It’s not about us, it’s about you
We continue to be inspired by what you are all doing.
Despite the relatively low level of interest from some quarters – investors, media and others – startup founders and staff keep ploughing on, regardless.
Driven, relentless, ever curious, with no Plan B. (These are the ones that win.)
It takes a certain type of person to take on all that risk, heartache, set backs and sleepless nights… but as much as you own all the difficulties, you will also own the triumphs.
It’s important work that you are doing.
The global and local economy is changing. Slowly and irrevocably – because that’s how the greatest changes happen – consumers and businesses are turning to subscription-based and other online/tech services that help them do what they want to do, whether for productivity reasons, to enter new markets, offer new services, keep themselves organised, purchase stuff or just have fun.
Plus, you create jobs. Good jobs. Well paid jobs.
80% of all new jobs created over the past decade has been from the small business and startup sector. Scalable businesses pull in staff and create wealth at a rate never seen before on the planet.
Take a Break!
If you can take some time off with family and friends, get to the beach, watch an outdoor movie, drink some good wine, sit back and relax, sleep, laugh, go for a walk or a run, travel … whatever gets you away, please do it.
You know the support of friends and family, supporters and investors, believers is critical to keeping strong and your ultimate success.
Come back recharged. We’ll be back in the New Year too.
Happy festive season one and all. 🎅🎄🎁😊🌞 😎 ⛱
PHOTO: some of the Startup News team: (from the left) Andrew Outhwaite, Melissa Sheil, Taysha Sullivan, Charlie Gunningham, Henry Thai & Patrick Green. Christmas detail: by Giftpundits.com from Pexels .