Talk of the town is our weekly post of links and tidbits that we hear about, but didn’t get time to write about.
- This months SNAP winner was Buzzy Tasks. Well done to Lauren, but also thanks to Sebastian and Mark, and Glenn from Fat Hen VC for opening the night with info on equity crowdfunding. Tickets to the next event will be available soon.
- Looks like Squishy Forts and SimplyCarbon has been accepted into the Curtin Growth Ignition program. should be a good start to September!
- Want to harness the power of games in your business? There’s a 2-day workshop on how this works from FTI in late August here
- Games Party at the Bakery tonight! SK Games are holding their first birthday bash showing off games with local bands and stuff. Check out their Facebook page
- GovHack update. Its not over yet folks, there’s the red carpet national winners to present.
- YellowBanana didn’t make the cut with its crowdfunding project, only making just over 10% of its $20k target. Jessica has learnt a huge amount and is just getting on with finishing the MVP as best as she can.
- Prezentt launched last night at Spacecubed with Michelle d’Almeida of News Corp opening the night. I hear it went off well and Justin and Jeff have some great offers to get you started on Prezentt. More to come on that.
- Make sure you plan ahead for eGroup August Forum – The NearMap story with Rob Newman. Its on Tuesday night.
- FI student John Forfar did a validation launch over the weekend with http://tradr.com/go/community/.
- Atomic Sky Tech Hub launches new website, CEO Huddle, Community Memberships and Video ChaCha. Get along.
- Joondalup co-working space Sixty27 launch and Enterprise Week is next week. Read more.
- Westpac Foundation and SSE Australia’s Seed Grants Info Session is happening in August if you are a social startup helping the disadvantaged, read more.
If you have something to tell us, fill out this super short form.