STARTUP NEWS EVENTS CALENDAR
These events are imported from Meetup and Eventbrite group pages. Please check the links for up-to-date details.
To see an overview of all major events of the year, go to the ‘WA Innovation Calendar 2003 – YEAR OVERVIEW’
Legal professionals with even a basic understanding of technology are in more demand than ever before. It’s not only the needs of clients that are changing, however.
According to an article published by Deloitte, within the next two decades an estimated 114,000 jobs in the legal sector will likely be replaced by emerging technology.
~ Jarrod Haggerty, Lead Partner, Deloitte Forensic Technology
*Approved by the Legal Practice Board of WA
At TecStack, we train and educate law professionals in acquiring the right *CPD skills to be future-ready and to thrive…
As a legal professional with specialised Smart Contract and Blockchain training, you can differentiate your service offerings and profit as a first mover in new areas of legal practice:
• gain early adopter’s advantages over non-informed competitors
• add extra services to leverage what you already do
• attract new clientele & industry recognition for innovative projects
• service existing clients seeking a trusted entry-point
• lead in a rapidly-growing, new and highly lucrative sector
• increase efficiency, reduce admin costs & simplify legal processes
• provide more compliant regulatory reporting, strengthened cybersecurity & protections, smoother litigation & settlements
• safeguard IP rights
This is a non-technical course. No coding required. No blockchain knowledge required.
Legal professionals receive 2 CPD* points
Course Name: Blockchain for Lawyers
• Introduction to blockchain and cryptocurrencies
• Brief overview of national and international legal frameworks on blockchain and cryptocurrencies
• Smart contracts and smart legal contracts
• Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), Security Token Offerings (STOs) and other Property-related issues
• Legalities around banking, finance and consumer protection
• Data privacy
• Key terms & abbreviations
• Q & A
Please note: bookings close by the 18th March , 2021
(Arrive early for a sharp10 am start, and allow at least 30 mins afterwards for networking.)
Location: State Library of Western Australia, 25 Francis St, Perth WA 6000
Please arrive 30 mins early for registration and to be seated for a 10 am start.
Chinelle van der Westhuizen is also a lecturer in the School of Law at The University of Notre Dame and lectures Contract, Consumer and Banking Law.
She completed her LLB and LLM at the University of Pretoria in South Africa and was admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of South Africa. She completed a further Masters by Research at The University of Notre Dame titled ‘Future Digital Money: The Legal Status and Regulation of Bitcoin in Australia’. She is also currently completing her PhD.
Through her research in the area of digital currency regulation and innovative approaches, she was named a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards.
Please see refund Terms & Conditions on our website
Minimum of 10 participants required for this course – TecStack reserves the right to cancel and refund participants if this minimum isn’t reached.
TecStack Trainer: Chinelle Van Der Westhuizen
If you’d like to have your WA startup event automatically displaying on this calendar, please email [email protected] your Meetup or Eventbrite group/events page links.