Powered by: Tekkon Technologies
STARTUP NEWS EVENTS CALENDAR
These events are imported from Meetup and Eventbrite group pages. Please check links for up to date details.
- This event has passed.
Innovation Funding Series, Seminar 2: Tax Benefits Masterclass
26 April @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
**** This event will be both in-person and online ****
There are three fundamental tax programs that successful innovators will use in order to support the funding and advancement of their commercial success:
– R&D Tax
– Early Stage Innovation Company (ESIC)
– Employee Share Scheme
Attend this Masterclass to learn from the experts and how they support their innovation clients make the most of these programs.
Every company on an innovation journey must learn how to maximise its R&D Tax claims. Startups need the Cash Rebate and existing businesses need to retain their cash through reduced tax payments. Learn the key issues on:
– what qualifies as R&D, the biggest mistake businesses make is they don’t apply the R&D definition to its full extent and miss projects and portions of projects;
– what costs can you claim, the second mistake it misunderstanding what an R&D cost is / is not and how to allocate costs is often confusing to many people; and
– documentation is CRITICAL, what and how to maintain appropriate records is the most fundamental issue and most common question.
R&D Tax Debt Funding:
Do you want to wait until you lodge your tax return and for the ATO to process it or would you rather have access to your R&D Rebate cash sooner?
Find out how you can use a debt funding option and how it helps with:
– providing you with short term funding support;
– reduces your need for equity investors and reduces your dilution; and
– increases your R&D spend and therefore increases the future R&D rebate.
Early Stage Innovation Company (ESIC) tax benefit:
ESIC is to help startups access more investor equity. While it has been around for several years it is still not widely understood by both Startups and Investors. This session will teach you:
– what the qualification requires;
– what the benefits are; and
– how to access ESIC status.
Employee Share Schemes (ESS):
For startups, scale-ups, and existing businesses, retaining and attracting staff is critical. Using an ESS is a common practice but confusing and complicated for most business owners. We will cover:
– what is an ESS and when it is most commonly used;
– what is the benefit of an ESS for employees and business owners; and
– how do you implement and manager it.
Corey Beat, Partner, Crowe Australasia: a Partner in the Tax Advisory team at Findex / Crowe Australasia, with over 20 years of professional accounting experience both nationally and internationally.
Corey is passionate about tax and has been significantly engaged within the tax community with various roles within the Tax Institute and was as a finalist in the Tax Institute’s SME Tax Adviser of the Year category in 2018.
Stephen Carroll, Director, Evolv3: started working as an R&D Tax and grant specialist in 1999 and has worked with companies of all sizes, industries and technologies across Australia.
Stephen is an active supporter of the Innovation Ecosystem, has presented, judged,mentored, facilitated and ran all manner of innovation events and programs. Stephen has established his own Innovation education and community business and is the CEO of Innovate Australia.
Roy Smith, Relationship Manager, Radium Capital: An Industry leading company that helps Australian SME’s get access to their R&D tax incentive refund by providing funding as advances to companies carrying out eligible R&D expenditure.
Thank you to our Venue and long term Supporter, Liberty Flexible Workspaces, and to our other long term supporters and sponsors.
If you’d like to have your WA startup event automatically displaying on this calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your Meetup or Eventbrite group/events page links.