Yes, the best week of the year is almost here. Say goodbye to 2021, and hello to new ideas, presentations panels and pitching, investors, connections and a whole week of tech events.
Tickets for 11 events are now on sale, with one event (Rotto Tech Fest) already sold out. So be quick.
GO HERE for the WTF events calendar to get the latest information (updated).
Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
12 events in a week!
There’s more to come, and more to be announced, so get in first, best dressed… click on links to go direct to booking forms. Some are FREE events, some are paid.
Mon 6 Dec
- 12pm-2pm Reimagining Creative Digital Industries: Indonesia (Council House, Perth) – creative/digital business links between Denpasar and Perth
- 12.30pm-2.30pm Proptech speed networking and showdown (Proptech Hub, 110 William St, Perth) – for proptechs
- 3.30pm-5.30pm Regional Innovation Showcase (Perth Town Hall) – best innovations from rural WA
Tues 7 Dec
- 8am-10am West Tech Fest Women (Woodside Auditorium) – breakfast event, with female founders
- 12pm-2.30pm Technology, Space & WA (EY, 11 Mounts Bay Rd, Perth) – how WA tech is into global space sector supply chains
- 5.30pm-9pm Plus Eight Demo Night (Flux, 191 St G Tce, Perth) – 6 graduates show their wares
Weds 8 Dec
- 8am-6.30pm West Tech Fest Conference (Beaumonde on the Point, Perth) – the main WTF21 conference day, followed by sundowner
Thurs 9 Dec
- 9.30am-12.30pm WA’s Thriving Innovation Ecosystem (Curtin University, Bentley) – highlights of WA’s ecosystem
- 10am-12.30pm State of the Blue Economy (Little Creatives, Fremantle) – top 100 leaders in blue economy
- 2pm-10pm Freo Startup Fest (Little Creatures, Fremantle) – startups pitching, panels, prize money and 3 live bands
- Evening – CERI Long Mile Hack (CERI, Nedlands) – 2-day hackathon teams present their pitches
Fri 10 Dec
- Rotto Tech Fest – SOLD OUT! (Rottnest Island)
WTF Program running up to 6th Dec
There are also various activities happening preceding WTF this year:
- Until 24 November: XTC Australia Round One Applications Close – the world’s largest
startup competition for entrepreneurs addressing global challenges. One of the winners
of Round One of the XTC Australia Finals will receive a $50,000 SAFE note from
- Until 26 November: West Tech Fest Investor Network Applications close – a platform
for existing tech focussed businesses to connect with a network of investors developed
by the West Tech Fest founding partners to scale and raise the profile of focussed
investment opportunities. Attendees or participants in any West Tech Fest event are
eligible to apply. $100K cash is on offer for suitable WA startups.
- 2 – 3 December: Centre for Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation’s Long Mile Hack
– A two-day hackathon that invites young technologists, designers, business strategists
and creative Innovators to solve real-world challenges in partnership with the City of