// Applications are now open for the Regional New Industries Fund’s (RNIF) new GroundSwell program, closing August 10th…
The State Government’s Regional New Industries Fund provides grants across the nine regions of WA, aiming to “support venture creation, accelerate small-medium enterprise growth and seed innovation initiatives”.
The Fund’s latest support is going towards the GroundSwell Grant Program.
Grants of up to $200,000 are available under this co-investment program, for organisations to run entrepreneurial and technology programs in one or more of the State’s nine regions.
Applications will close on Monday 10 August 2020 at 5pm AWST.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are sought from organisations that run programs under each of the following two themes:
- Entrepreneurship programs that deliver regional education, training, mentoring, and resources to students and business founders to test business ideas launch start-ups and grow businesses.
- Technology programs that support regional SMEs to adopt technologies to streamline internal processes, cut costs and enhance their profitability and competitiveness. Technologies may include additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, data and analytics and software as a service.
The types of program initiatives that the GroundSwell Program can support include (but are not limited to):
- Incubators and accelerators
- Entrepreneurial education, mentoring and training
- Business innovation and transformation
- Data and analysis
- Additive manufacturing
- Coding and web-services training
- STEM and research and development programs
You can complete the application online, which can be found here.
For more information, visit the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development website, which can be found here.
MAIN IMAGE: Supplied.