Federal government grants of up to $3M are open for applications from industry-led collaborations with short term projects to develop important new technologies, products and services…
The Cooperative Research Centres Projects (CRC-P) have opened their seventh round of funding. Matching dollar for dollar grants are available and open to all industry sectors and research disciplines.
To be considered, your project must:
- be a short term (less than 3 years), industry-identified and industry-led collaborative research project to develop a product, service or process that will solve problems for industry and deliver tangible outcomes
- benefit SMEs and increase their capacity to grow and adapt in changing markets
- include education and training activities
- request a grant of between $100,000 and $3 million
- provide at least 50% of the total eligible grant project value.
You can use funding to support costs directly related to the project, including for:
- new research
- proof of concept activities
- pre-commercialisation of research outcomes
- industry-focused education and training activities, such as internships and secondments between industry entities and research organisations.
- conferences, workshops, symposia related to the joint research
- related information sharing and communication initiatives related to the joint research.
- Other costs may also be eligible for grant funding.
You cannot use funding for the same activities or project previously or currently financed through any other funding scheme.
This round also includes an additional $20 million for CRC-Ps with a specific focus on critical minerals. Critical minerals are a group of minerals considered essential for “a nation’s economic and strategic security and which are vulnerable to disruptions in supply. They are necessary in manufacturing high-tech and high-value products including electric vehicles, battery storage, electronics, mobile devices, defence technologies and other industrial applications.”
Who can apply?
At a minimum, you must:
- be in a collaboration which contains at least two Australian industry organisations including one small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) and at least one Australian research organisation
- be able to match the funding sought.
Other eligibility requirements apply.
Deadline to apply
The deadline for applications for the Cooperative Research Centres Projects (CRC-P) 7th selection round is 5pm (AEDT) 28 March 2019.
MORE INFORMATION ON CRC GRANTS HERE.