Mustard Seed hosts pitch events at top universities around the world for social businesses (ones that are “seeking to deliver social and environmental good”). The event comes to Perth for the first time at UWA next month.
The event will be hosted by the UWA Centre for Social Impact (UWA CSI) on Thursday 14 May from 6pm to 9pm. You can register to see the event pitches here http://goo.gl/po5mfs. If you are a social business in start up or early growth phase and would the opportunity to pitch then submit your proposal via www.mustardseedimpact.com/events/ by April 27.
Shortlisted enterprises will get the opportunity to pitch at the Mustard Seed Pitch-Event on 14 May. This opportunity means that you will pitch in front of a member of the Mustard Seed team and have the chance to be selected to join the global pool of Pitch-Event finalists to be considered for investment and support. It also means that you will gain promotion, local opportunities for support and invaluable feedback from experts. All shortlisted applicants will also be invited to a workshop to refine their pitch and social business model.
The finalists from each event then join a global pool of social businesses to be considered for receiving support toward scaling through its global member network and impact investment of between $100,000 to $800,000.
Who is eligible to enter?
- Individuals or teams who are running a social business (Must be a for-profit legal entity).
- Ventures in start-up or early growth phase, who can clearly identify a social and/or environmental mission.
- It is open to individuals/ teams across Australia.
- You must be able to pitch on the night in person in Perth
You will need to create a two-minute video via www.mustardseedimpact.com/events/ by April 27.
The 2-minute pitch video should answer the following:
- What social/environmental problem are you solving and how?
- Why are you the right team to solve this problem?
- What traction do you have (users, revenue, prototypes, etc.)?
- How does your business make money? How does it scale?
- How much money are you seeking and how will you spend it?
- How is this start-up going to make the world a better place?