Talk of the town is our weekly post of links and tidbits that we hear about, but didn’t get time to write about.
- Joondalups Enterprise Week launched on Monday in the new Sixty27 co-working space. Tonight they are having a Startup Party to wind-up instead of the originally planned Startup Weekend. The Startup News team are heading up there tonight, so get on a train and join us.
- RAC and Spacecubed made big news by announcing WA’s First Startup Accelerator – called SeedSpark. The ‘First’ title is debatable, but the concept is awesome, and will really pave the way for more of these Corporate Sponsored accelerator programs.
- Whipper Snapper Distillery opened their doors this week with a cafe and tasting shop front. A lot of excited and tipsy people around East Perth now.
- NifNex today organised a Guinness Book Of Records attempt for Speed Networking. Lets hope that goes well.
- Atomic Sky Special offer: Become a Community Member at The Tech Hub before the end of the month and you’ll receive a free photo shoot at our video studio Video Cha Cha. The photo shoot includes three corporate photo’s to use for LinkedIn or any other online media.
- Theres a rumour Flat Attack is planning a crowd funding campaign and has enlisted some big guns. Stay tuned.
- Greame Speak from GoPC is off to pitch at SydStart. Good luck!
- //Startup News is growing and needs someone that wants to help out around the newsroom. Students, grads, entrepreneurs, anyone that has a keen interest in the startup community, and wants to help out with interviewing, writing, attending events, photographing, organising events, marketing, graphic design. Email me if you want to help.
- Perth is going to have a Startup Party involving all the entrepreneurs, spaces, mentors, helpers, supporters, orgs, groups, meetups, associations, feeders and leaders. Planned for October, we need to know what you think about it. Register your interest at StartupOvation.com.
If you have something to tell us, fill out this super short form.